Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Keeping Me Busy II

This fall we decided to replace our old pellet stove. We suspect ours was leaking CO2 into the house, even though our detector wasn't sensing it. With the current tax credits and the new features on stoves now; thermostats, safety shut-down, higher efficiency I know we'll enjoy it.

It is our primary source of heat through the cold winters here in Wisconsin.

I'll rebuild the old stove and use new pipe when I install it out in my workshop this winter.

With all our "companions" I always have plenty of project assistance.



Building the base to raise the stove and allow use of the same exhaust hole.


Preparing for tile.


Tile done.
Stove mounted and working with only trim left to do. I called my wife and left a caveman grunting type message. Something like, "We Have Fire, ar ar ar"
She said she'd save it and play it for her family. Great, as if they didn't already think I'm paddling in circles with only one oar mentally in the water.














































No comments:

Post a Comment